COVID SAFETY MEASURES
In compliance with Toronto Public Health and to ensure the safety of our patrons, guests, and employees, the following protocols are in effect at the Ford Performance Centre.
- You must have an appointment or booking to enter the facility.
- Masks are required in all common areas.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Everyone must check-in and be approved by a staff member before entering.
- Public amenities (bathrooms, water fountains, etc.) are closed.
- Your entire group can not be larger than 20 people.
- No spectators are permitted.
- All players must come dressed to play (skates can be put on at the rink).
- If assistance is required, those helping must adhere to all protocols and leave immediately after.
- You are not allowed to enter the arena until 15 minutes prior to your start time.
- Groups using the facility are to avoid any physical interaction (high fives, body contact, etc.).
Should any member of your group fail to comply with our protocols, whether knowingly or unknowingly, the entire group will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
Professional & Recreational Hockey Facility in Toronto
Lakeshore Arena Corporation owns and operates the Ford Performance Centre, which is a 272,000 sq. ft. recreation facility in Etobicoke, ON. The Ford Performance Centre is the official practice facility for the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and, their AHL affiliate, the Toronto Marlies. It is also the home of the Hockey Hall of Fame D.K. (Doc) Seaman Hockey Resource Centre, Hockey Canada’s Eastern Regional Office, and the NHL Alumni, along with numerous other sport-related businesses and community tenants.
The Ford Performance Centre hosts many national and international events and it is recognized as the premier ice facility in the Greater Toronto Area and sets the standard for training and hockey performance worldwide. The facility also offers ice rentals, leagues, drop-in programs, party bookings, tournaments, and special events.
On September 8th 2009, the Ford Performance Centre (previously referred to as the Mastercard Centre for Hockey Excellence) opened in partnership with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Lakeshore Lions Club, the City of Toronto, and the Toronto District School Board. As of September 2011, the facility is owned and operated by Lakeshore Arena Corporation, a City of Toronto controlled Corporation.
The mission of Lakeshore Arena Corporation is to ensure that the Ford Performance Centre operates in the Greater Toronto Area for both professional and recreational athletes alike. The facility offers ice rentals, leagues, drop-in programs, tournaments, and special events to our community.
Four Ice Rinks Available to Rent
Three NHL-size (200′ x 85′) Ice Rinks (Leafs Rink, Marlies Rink, and Community Rink)
- 4-6 dressing rooms each
- Spectator bench seating for up to 200
One IIHF Olympic-size (200′ x 100′) Ice Rink (Hockey Canada Rink)
- 5 dressing rooms
- Spectator seating for up to 1,000
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Marlies Practice Pads
- The Leafs rink contains 23,000 square feet and the Marlies rink contains 11,000 square feet of dedicated, private dressing room space for the teams
- Each dressing room boasts the finest technology and exercise facilities including medical rooms to support diagnosis and treatment, and physiotherapy rooms that supports athlete rehabilitation, recovery, and performance
- The dressing rooms also include coaches and GM offices and video technology and analysis onsite
The Leafs and Marlies practice pads have been designed to have the same feel and performance of Scotiabank Arena and Coca-Cola Coliseum. You too can skate on the same rink as the pros.
Toronto Maple Leafs Practice Sessions
During the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Marlies practice sessions the facility is open to the public and viewing is available from the first floor lobby, through the glass and into the rink. Please note that inside of the rink, the stands, and the second floor are always closed during practice. Viewing from the lobby is available on a first come, first served basis and is standing room only. The area can accommodate approximately 25 people comfortably.
The Ford Performance Centre has no control over the practice schedule and does not release specific practice times or days to the public. The practice schedule is subject to change and sessions may be cancelled at any time.
Visiting NHL and AHL teams may utilize ice at the Ford Performance Centre from time to time. Our facility does not provide information on visiting team’s practice sessions. The visiting team head coach will inform our staff upon arrival whether their practice sessions will be open to the public.
We are pleased to open our concession stand during practice sessions. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack and coffee. Please remember that all outside food or beverages are prohibited in the building.
During the practice sessions, the Ford Performance Centre is welcoming you with courtesy and free of charge. We thank you for your support in maintaining a clean and tidy environment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and helps us meet the highest standards in customer service.
Players are not available before or after practice sessions. Any instance of harassment or inability to follow rules will lead to a facility suspension and/or justice at the discretion of the Ford Performance Centre or local officials.
If you have specific questions for MLSE regarding their activity in the building, please contact them directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facility Partners at the Ford Performance Centre
The Ford Performance Centre is home to several partners and tenants including the Hockey Hall of Fame D.K. (Doc) Seaman Hockey Resource Centre, Hockey Canada Regional Centre, NHL Alumni Association, Etobicoke Dolphins Girls Hockey League, Faustina Sports Club, Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame, Journey to Excel, Live Active, 101 Sports Group, ProSharp, Sledge Hockey Experience, & NeuroChangers.
The Ford Performance Centre is a fixture in the City of Toronto and proud to serve the Etobicoke and surrounding GTA communities. We look forward to seeing you at the rink!